We took a few pictures after church one day, since we were all dressed and "made up" (we don't do that much when we are hanging around the farm all day, every day):
The kids with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma:
Me & the girls
With my parents:
Five out of seven:
The view from a field above the big house - you can see the roof in the distance. Also, the red barn. My grandparents hired some Amish people to build it for them a few years ago:
A view from a Ranger ride. I love all the attention to detail that my dad and Grandpa put into this property.
We stopped to pick some blackberries... left lots for the bears, though:
On a walk with Grandma:
Ellie & Marian:
We went to the Chinese buffet one night, and this was Abbie's fortune:
The kids' table:
It was just a little ironic that she asked me to read this to her:
The ghost house! In years past, the kids have always been terrified of this small cabin down in the woods by the creek. It was built by the previous owner of the property and he actually still comes and stays in the cabin every once in a while. Anyway, the kids always thought that a ghost lived inside and would start to cry whenever Grandpa would even start driving the Ranger towards that part of the woods. They seem to have overcome their fear this year!
Swinging:
A trail by the house. There used to be train tracks here but they were recently torn out and the town is making it into a nice walking trail. It's right on the border of the property. I wish I had gotten a better picture of what the path looks like.. just beyond that bend, there are huge rocks on the sides and it must have all been blown out when they put the train tracks in. Anyway, while we were walking we heard a "ghost" calling to us from high up above on the hill. Interestingly, he sounded a lot like Grandpa.
Just playing:
Picking flowers for Great-grandma:
Emma, showing off her "18-weeks" belly. I think she's fooling us all:
I found this picture when I was scanning my grandma's photos. It's my great grandma, Audrey Belle Stickland. Call me crazy but I think Abbie looks just like her! (also, helping my grandma with all this family history really made me wish that I had looked around a little bit more before naming Olivia! We settled on "Marie" for her middle name because we couldn't think of anything else [it was my middle name], but I'm really wishing we had named her Olivia Belle. Is it too late to change it?? I really am seriously considering it.. or maybe naming my next girl's first/middle name Belle, if I have one).
My dad teaches Sunday School at church and I couldn't help sneaking this picture. Mom is his scribe at the chalkboard. I always love hearing my dad teach, he is a wonderful and interesting teacher. He tells lots of stories which I love. His ward is so lucky to have him. (My mom is also a huge asset to the ward - she plays the organ each week, besides serving as the RS president!):
Mom made her delicious homemade bread... and someone just couldn't wait. (ahem.... Emma):
And we ate it with mom's strawberry rhubarb jam, of course:
A few more fireworks pics that I forgot in the last post:
Digging through more family history:
Sitting outside in the evenings... the air was cool at night and it was so wonderful:
Sisters:
Olivia swinging:
Abbie & Grandma snuggling by the fire:
And, all good things must come to an end. Thankfully, my mom got a gate pass so she could come hang out with us until we boarded!
Usually after two weeks of vacation, I am ready to go home. I did not feel that way this time, it was so hard to leave this year! Of course we missed Garrett and were anxious to see him again, but I really don't think there are many places in the world better than the farm. The property is wonderful and beautiful and perfect, but of course the best part is that my parents and my grandparents are there. Yes, sometimes it's hard that when we go "home" to see them, I'm not going to the place where I grew up (NH) so I don't get to see old friends or places that I would love to see again, and I don't get to eat lobster. But, home is where your family is and I'm so grateful they are where they are. I cannot imagine a more idyllic, relaxing vacation and I'm already looking forward to next year's trip. Thanks, Mom & Dad and Grandma & Grandpa Siebach for a wonderful two weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment