My favorite soft drink is Diet Pepsi with Lime. In 2006, when Garrett and I moved from UT, I spent months searching for it in every grocery store, but I could never find it! Then, one day when I was in a grocery store, a Pepsi guy happened to be there bringing in boxes of drinks from his truck. I asked him about Diet Pepsi with Lime, and they said they had stopped making it. I was SO SAD! So imagine my surprise a year later when I went back to UT for Emma's graduation and I saw it at WalMart!! I bought a 12-pack and that kept me pretty happy. It turns out that DP w/ Lime isn't sold anywhere within a 250-mile radius of where I live. So in a few years, when Garrett is applying for residencies, we will have to take into account whether or not the areas we want to go sell my drink of choice.In the meantime, I buy store-brand diet cola and add a splash of lime juice. It works for now!
Do you crave anything that isn't sold anymore?

4 comments:
Not so much a food, as a perfume that is off the market now. Ocean by Escada. I wear Escape now, which is a really nice perfume, but that other one was pretty fantastic on me.
I haven't been able to find Mallomars since I have been in Utah, but I know they are still sold back home. My mom once had me drive an hour down to a CVS in Danvers, MA to get her this PMS escape drink that she was craving. She said it really helped her and that was the only place that had it. When I was home this summer, she found it at Rite Aid in Somersworth, so at least it is sold a bit closer to home now :)
Oh, I also meant to tell you, they still have Diet Coke with Lime, at least here in UT. Do you like that or is it just the Diet Pepsi?
I had this mad craving for Apple Cinnamon Cheerios shortly after I started taking birth control the first time. I couldn't find it anywhere. I was seriously in a rage about wanting them, and so I emailed the company and asked them where I could find Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, and I got an email back with a list of stores in the area that had recently received a shipment of the cereal. So, I went to the closest, and "sho-nuf" they had it. Yea! I suggest emailing pepsi and telling them that you want it or telling the store you shop at that they need to stock it--both work. I've done it before. :) I think Krogers is especially good at taking orders, and if I remember correctly, I think you can even do it on their website. You might want to check on that.
Post a Comment