Friday, April 11, 2008

Flashback Friday - My Most Embarrassing Moment

In the summer of 2001, I had just started dating one of my good friends. For one of our first official dates, we decided to go putt-putt golfing at Hilltop Fun Center. I went to his house to pick him up and he and his dad were the only ones home, and they were sitting at the kitchen table talking. I sat and chatted with them for a while, but the conversation just kept going on and on and I wanted to leave for our date! So, since I had taken my shoes off, I started rubbing my foot on my boyfriend's foot (he was just wearing socks), and I hoped that he would get the hint that I wanted to leave. After about 5-10 seconds, I looked down and noticed that my boyfriend was wearing shoes! AND, both of his feet were under his chair. Mortified, I pulled my feet towards me as quickly as I could. His dad looked at me and smiled and said, teasingly: "Were you trying to play footsies with me, Hannah?" My face got SO red and I seriously wanted to run out of the hosue and hide forever. My boyfriend just got a confused look on his face and I quickly changed the subject. Just thinking back on this still makes me feel so embarrassed!

Next week on Flashback Friday... I'll share "our story" - how Garrett and I met/dated/got engaged.

3 comments:

Emma and John said...

hahahaha....that is one of my all time favorite stories. I can just picture the whole thing! Poor Hannah.

Mike S. said...

You mean one of Mike's good friends...

Was this Danny or Johnny?

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

Emily Yeagley Tanner here. I'm curious too. Which boy was it?