At a BBQ a couple of years ago.
I feel bad that I didn't do a post for Molly's birthday (but here's a great one by Emma), or for Shauna's birthday, which have already passed this year, but I have to start somewhere, so I'll start now!
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Emma
10. We are pretty much the same size, so I can wear all her clothes when I visit (FYI, Emma - I'm not packing any clothes when I come this week)
9. She spoils me a TON whenever I visit her. Someday I'll return the favor, I promise!
8. Her house is so nicely decorated, and she has really good taste. She's also creative and thrifty: even though she could afford to go out and buy a new stuffed chair, she decided to try to re-cover her old one instead.
7. She loves sushi as much as I do
6. She and John are so generous! I think everyone who knows them has probably benefited from their generosity in some way.
5. She is really smart. She was in the Top 10 of her H.S. class, and she was the Senior class president as well.
4. She has a nice voice - she made All-State Choir her junior year (we both tried out... I didn't get in though)
3. She is brave. She gave a talk in Stake Conference when she was Primary-age!
2. She is a wonderful aunt
1. She is a GREAT mom! When Emma and I first got pregnant (we were only a week apart), I was really nervous about giving up my childless and somewhat carefree life, especially since I was only 22! I didn't tell Emma about my insecurities, but one day I was talking to her on the phone and she said, "I'm just ready to start thinking of someone else besides myself for a change." That really impressed me, especially since she is younger than I am! It motivated me to feel the same way.
Emma has always been a great sister and we have some great memories together. Hopefully someday we'll live closer together so we can make more memories!



2 comments:
wow hannah! That was so nice. Thank you so much! I love those pics of us.
Happy Birthday to her :)
Post a Comment