Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ikea!


Yesterday my friend Natalie's mom was flying in to visit, and Natalie invited me to come along to pick her up so that we could go to Ikea first! I have been wanting to go to Ikea for so long, because Abbie has tons of stuff from there, and she is always raving about it. I just had to see what all the fuss was about!

I love Ikea! However, there are two things I want to do differently next time: I want to have more time to spend there (by the time we got there we only had about 1.5 hours, which isn't enough time in a huge place like that!), and I would like to go back with NO KIDS. It's a pretty kid-friendly place, but not when they have been sitting in the car for over 2 hours, and they haven't had a nap, and they are hungry. Not a good mix.

I got some really cute things for Abby's bedroom (some curtains, finally, and some pictures for the walls, and some neat little storage bins that hang from the walls), and I got a lamp for my bedside table (using some of my birthday money). I really wanted to get a shelving unit for our books, but by the time we were walking through the furniture warehouse room, we were in a big hurry to leave (angry kids) so I didn't have a chance to go find it. Next time, I guess... I also want to eat in the cafeteria they have. The food looked great and it was really cheap!

And, there is an Ikea in Draper, and since I go to Utah on Sunday, maybe I can convince Emma to take me there during my visit. I won't be able to get the shelves, obviously, but there are some other things I didn't get yesterday because of certain circumstances (screaming and yelling kids).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart IKEA big time! One opened up next to my parent's airport, so I went twice while I was in Portland. I got stuff for the nieces and nephews, as well as for me. It was hard not to buy more though because I knew I had to bring it home in a suitcase. I wish there was one closer to me than Atlanta or D.C. They are both equi-distant from me.

Emma and John said...

I hope you are ready to go again with me...!