Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Break!

Last week Garrett was on spring break, so we spent a few days doing things around the house that have been neglected for too long, and then on Tuesday we went to Savannah to spend some time with Garrett's family.

We had a great time in Savannah! We really didn't do too much, but it was relaxing and fun to be able to just hang out and be together. We went shopping, worked on projects, played games, and ate great food.

On Friday night we got babysitters for the kids (Abby and Rylan, Garrett's 4-year-old brother) and we went out to an Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar with Garrett's parents and some other friends, Stephanie and Michael. The restaurant was really nice and it only had 11 tables plus the bar, so it was a good thing we had made reservations. And I wish we had brought our camera - the sushi was SO good and it looked as good as it tasted! We also got sampler appetizers, which Garrett especially loved. He said the pot stickers were as good as Taiwan's, which is really saying something. It was great to catch up with Stephanie and Michael - we usually try to go out and do something fun with them whenever we are in town.

We've also spent time doing projects. Garrett's parents bought some new living room furniture, so we put the old stuff on Craigslist for them, as well as some old lamps, a dog house, and other miscellaneous stuff they wanted to get rid of. I also helped Mom W. clean out some cabinets and redo some of the decor in the living room. I wish we could stay longer because there is more to do, but that's ok. There's always next time! I love taking on big projects, especially when they are in someone else's house.

We also got to play with Rylan a lot, which was so fun! We played baseball, and with toys, and with his playground outside. He was so sweet to Abby, sharing his toys, showing her how things work, and making sure she didn't put things in her mouth. It was very cute.

We probably could have stayed for Church in Savannah too, which would have been nice, but I didn't want to miss our ward because I won't be there for the next 3 weeks (I leave next Sunday for a 9-day trip to UT, and then the weekend after I get back Garrett and I will most likely be going to Virginia for a friend's graduation).

Anyway, spring break was great! It was so nice for Garrett to be able to relax. He takes the Boards in mid-June, so from now until then will be very stressful and busy for him.

We spent a morning at the park

Rylan caught 2 caterpillars
Hanging out

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Hannah,
I happened to see your blog on the sidebar of Abbie's blog and I decided to come over and say, "Hi". I hope you don't mind.

I love the little pictures of sweet little Abby! She is serioiusly so cute!


I saw that picture of you and, "Abs" here on your blog, too! The two of you are totally Hot!

Hot Mommas, that is ;)

Emma and John said...

man I have so much catching up to do! I can't believe how cute abby is getting. And Rylan too, of course! I can't wait for warm weather like you guys are having...