Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We visited Daddy at the hospital.

Tonight we went to the hospital to visit Daddy.  He's on call and won't be home until tomorrow sometime.

(Can you imagine working a 30-hour shift?  Going in at 7 a.m. and working until noon the next day?  I don't know how doctors do it, but they do.  Things are changing though, and this is the last year that residents will be allowed to work such long shifts.  I am thankful for that, but to be honest it didn't really matter anyway because they didn't have 30-hour shifts at Garrett's radiology program.)

Abby insisted on taking a picture before we left. (You saw in the last post video how much she loves being behind the camera.)


(Doesn't that puffy jacket make Ellie look like a marshmallow?  I love it.  She does, too.)

2 comments:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I hear ya Justin is on call tonight, BOO!!! Luckily he only went in for morning clinic and then decided to be lazy and came home until he took call at 5:00. I am feeling extra lonely thinking about tonight, tomorrow night (overnight deer hunt) and then he takes call on Sunday. :( I guess it could be lots worse, say if the guys were in an all Medicine year. Let's here it for Transitional Year!!! :)

LOVE the puffy vest!!! :) She looks so snuggly.

Lauren in GA said...

It really is so cute how she always wants to take pictures.

Loving the puffy vest. Adorable.