Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flashback Friday - Easter 2005

So I decided that every Friday I'll do a little "flashback" and write about past experiences, funny stories, etc. It would be a fun way for people to get to know me better, plus it's always fun to remember funny stories and experiences. This first flashback is from Easter 2005. A little background information: Juniors at BYU, Garrett and I were living in the Provo house, Mike was living in the studio in the back, and Emma and John were newly engaged. We decided that we would all have Easter dinner together, and Emma and I would do all the side dishes (rolls, salad, deviled eggs, dessert, etc) and we asked Mike to get the ham. I told him that I would cook it and everything, but we just wanted him to get it. So, Sunday rolls around and I ask Mike for the ham because I need to put it in the oven. At this point I had been looking forward to yummy brown-sugary, syrupy ham all week, so I was very impatient for Mike to bring it upstairs. So, I remember I was laying on the couch waiting for Mike, and finally he comes upstairs, opens the back door, and tosses the ham to me. And it's LUNCH MEAT. Okay, it's not thinly sliced lunch meat, but it was a little 2-3 lb. chunk of Hormel ham, the boneless kind you slice for sandwiches. I was SO sad... luckily, I was able to slice it up, concoct a brown sugar syrup to pour on top, and heated it up in the oven. It wasn't exactly the kind of ham I was envisioning, but it actually ended up being just perfect. The End.

I hope you like Flashback Friday. Next week's story is about Mike too... it's also pretty funny.

7 comments:

Abs said...

I have brothers like that too. Lots. I love this idea!

Shauna said...

I think it must have been Easter 2005 because I was there for Easter 2006. It is a funny story though. I would never leave Mike in charge of that though. You should have him tell you what happened when he was in charge of buying the meat for his class meeting...carne asada. Another funny Mike story :) I like the idea of Flashback Friday!

Hannah said...

Thanks, Shauna... Emma and John just must have been engaged.

Aleasha said...

great story! see you tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah,

None of this story surprises me because Mike is such a boy. Mike Arnold and April are dating and he has the most boy apartment I've ever been in. Boys!

Come see me at my blog. I love that we're all finding each other little by little. God bless the Supernet.

http://yeagleyspawn.blogspot.com/

Emma and John said...

Definitely the saddest Easter ever.

Anonymous said...

The saddest Easter was the one Emma came to.