There are some traditions from growing up that I hold sacred, and one of my favorites is having corned beef for dinner on St. Patrick's Day! Mom always made this New England Boiled Dinner of corned beef & cabbage. YUM! I've been making it on my own every year since I moved out - I have always loved it! This afternoon Garrett called me from school because his friend had brought corned beef for lunch today, and Garrett was sad because he had forgotten about this tradition (he was worried I had forgotten, too). He was very excited when I reassured him that there would be a big pot of traditional Irish food waiting for him when he got home. I also made some really good Irish Soda Bread to go with our corned beef, and it tasted great, too!I'll admit... we didn't wear green today, and we didn't go to any parades or look for 4-leafed clovers. But I was NOT going to skip out on making this dinner! Thanks Mom, for passing this tradition on to me. Garrett loves it as much as I do!

1 comment:
What a fun tradition. Mark started a new tradition for us last night. He made me watch this horrible old Disney movie about Leprechauns with a young singing Sean Connery. Can you say Yikes!
Did you take that picture?
Post a Comment