Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 49 - Hopes, dreams, plans for the next 365 days

Okay, this might come as a shock to everyone, but I asked Garrett for his hopes/dreams/plans for the next 365 days and he participated and only rolled his eyes once.  It's a big day, people.

In 365:

Hannah's hopes: survive in this apartment for 8.5 more months, spend some more time with my parents before we move far away, get to my goal weight, take a few more fun "trips" around the area while we are here (we went to the Outer Banks last weekend and it was fun! I'd like to go to D.C. a few more times, too), finish our 72-hour kits, eat lots of sushi. And maybe some lobster, too.

Garrett's hopes: get a car that will last 6 years, catch a large redfish this weekend, get a decent call schedule for the months I have call (2 more!)

Hannah's dreams: buy a house when we move to Florida, get our 6-month emergency fund complete, sell a few quilts and other things on etsy, find the perfect bedding, learn how to play "All of Me" by Jon Schmidt (you can see him play this piano piece on youtube if you're interested.  If you haven't heard it, you should watch it, it's a great song. So far I'm just trying to perfect the first three pages...)

Garrett's dreams: "That one day... I will be judged by the content of my character." (har har, good one honey)

Hannah's plans:
This week: organize the LR closet
This weekend: friends from med school come to visit!
This month: buy a second car, finish Christmas gifts
November: Thanksgiving!!  No plans yet because we don't know if Garrett has time off.
December: go to Savannah for Christmas break
Jan/Feb/Mar/April/May/June - my "baby" turns 4 (!!), take a trip down to FL to find a place to live, soak in all this extra time with Garrett during this intern year, I turn 27 (!!), move to Florida in June!
July - adjust to living in the heat and humidity again... although this time will probably be worse!  Why did we want to move to Florida, again??  I don't mind heat but I hate humidity, and I love fall!!
August/September - consider when to have another baby (can I handle three kids??)

Garrett's plans: go to work. fish as much as possible.

**********
Up tomorrow: A letter to my reflection in the mirror

2 comments:

Emma and John said...

it's baby time NOW hannah!! Come on it's not that bad... :)
And tell Garrett fishing is for old men.

pcubed said...

Wow those are some pretty ambitious plans for the year!! hope you accomplish them all. :)
so sad we can't be there with yall this weekend...maybe some day.