Yes, I'm going to grace the top of this post with my lovely yellow-ish picture that I took in my bathroom a few days ago. I mean, it's a picture of ME in my MIRROR, so it's perfect. :)
And second of all, I'm kind of having a tough time determining why this letter is that much different from the letter I wrote to me from one year ago (day 45). Am I supposed to write about my reflection? Because according to the picture, I need to hit up a doctor because I apparently have jaundice.
Or maybe I should tell that girl in the mirror to go FIND HER WEDDING RINGS. She's not wearing any!! And just because she got hit on at the public library, that doesn't mean she should continue to not wear her rings. Even if she was all smiles for the rest of the day (I've still got it, people!). (And yes I did find my rings, eventually. They were in my jewelry box. Shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was.)
Or maybe I should tell that girl to get a haircut so she can finally start wearing her hair down again.
Or maybe I should tell her to get to bed earlier. Yes, definitely that one.
Maybe I should tell her to just sit down and write those thank-you notes already!!
But okay, I do want to tell her this: she needs to let go of all the little things that are keeping her from being truly happy. I mean, she's very happy already. Extremely happy. But there are small things that are always there in the back of her mind that are keeping her from being even happier. She needs to be happy now. And she needs to be more grateful. She's already pretty good at that one, but she needs to show her gratitude more often (re: need to write thank you notes). She needs to voice her gratitude, not just feel it.
++++
Okay, okay. If I really had to write a letter to that reflection above, this is what it would say:
Dear me:
Learn how to use that camera correctly.
Love,
me
P.S. NOW GO TO BED!
******
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't worry, jaundice is completley curable. Just kidding!
Congrats on getting hit on!!
Post a Comment