I guess I kind of skipped right over Thanksgiving here on the blog. The main reason is because, in the busy-ness, I completely neglected to take any pictures! I'm pretty sad about that, but it is what it is I guess.
We celebrated on Sunday. The menu:
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Homemade creamed corn
Pomegranate & Apple salad
Rolls
Apple pie
Pumpkin Roll
The list is pretty "small" for a Thanksgiving meal, but that was intentional and I'm so happy we kept it that way. It was a lot of food, and I didn't want to be eating leftovers for a week. My favorites were the salad that Haley made (Pomegranates, apples, cranberry... so good!) and the stuffing. I actually just made a boxed stuffing this year and it was really, really good. I think it'll be my go-to stuffing from now on. Garrett's mom makes her own stuffing every year and I really like that too, but I think I'll stick with the 5-minute box. It really was that good.
We ended up inviting another couple from Church over, so there were six adults and 4 kids total (not that they really sat with us, they mostly just played). I didn't do much for a centerpiece... thought about making some cute felt leaves that I saw on a blog but I've been so busy with my other projects that it didn't get done. So, I threw about a dozen candles in the middle of the table and called it good (it was actually very pretty, I thought. I love candlelight).
I love Thanksgiving. A whole day set aside to think about how blessed I am? I try to remember that every day, but I think it's great that we have a holiday set aside for it. I think that the more gratitude we have, the happier we are.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and that you are having a wonderful and relaxing Christmas season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mmm, it all sounds good! (except for the creamed corn, perhaps...) I can't wait to see all of the projects you've been working on!
Post a Comment