Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 43 - My favorite place in the world

I don't think I have one favorite place in the world - I love being anywhere my family is, whether it's Garrett's family, my family... I'd love to be anywhere if it meant we were spending time with them!

Let me describe our most recent vacation, taken just two weeks ago.  We spent about a week and a half with my family and it was so much fun.

We spent our days lounging on the front porch, watching the kids play in the grass...

Here's a view from the bridge over the river.  My grandparents' house (where guests stay) is on the right.  My parents' little farmhouse is the one on the far left.

Another view of my grandparents' house.

The farmhouse.  It's over 100 years old!

We took rides on my parents' Ranger...

And the four-wheelers, too (Ellie was a little nervous, obviously.  By the time they got back, though, she was all smiles!)

The Ranger.

Love the views...


Played golf...

Rode tractors...  Abby did not like this but I'm the sort of Mom who forces my kids to try some things at least once...

And those pictures are just a glimpse of what we did... we spent time shopping, doing puzzles, playing Wii games, had campfires at night, played hours of Mexican Train, did Tim Tam Slams (I'll explain in another post), read books, talked, napped, fished, scanned old family pictures into our laptop, picked raspberries from my mom's garden, had a fun "photo shoot" by the barn, watched college football, went antiquing, visited a little wild animal zoo, cooked meals, rode four-wheelers, saw LOTS of deer, and there was even a bear on my parents' front porch one evening!  Fun times in middle-of-nowhere, PA.  It was so nice for us to be together as a family, and to also see some of my siblings and nephews.  It's sort of a September tradition now, and I can't wait until next year's! (Although, hopefully we'll get up there one more time before we move to Florida... got to take advantage of being only an 8-hour drive away!)

Thanks SO MUCH Mom and Dad for a great stay, and thanks to my grandparents too, for having such an amazing place to be together as a family!

*******
Up tomorrow: Something that fascinates me, and why

1 comment:

pcubed said...

That looks like an awesome place to hang out!!