I love to read, and there isn't much I love more than getting lost in a good book. I love to have a good book waiting for me at the end of the day, and I love thinking about a book I'm reading during the day, anticipating the time when I can get some peace and quiet to read again.
Unfortunately, since moving to Virginia I haven't had a chance to get a library card yet, so I haven't read much lately. However, there are some really great books that I don't mind reading over and over again, and they are:
*The Work and the Glory series (Mormon fiction books)
*"The Firm" by John Grisham
*The Hunger Games series is fantastic (strangely, I still haven't read the third book yet, though, but I will soon! Strange, because I was seriously obsessed when I read the first two books, and I started a countdown for the third book, but then got busy and stopped thinking about it. Still excited to read it though, don't get me wrong.)
*Little House in the Big Woods series (I have a very old set of these books that I would love to get re-covered so they will last. They are classics and I love them!)
*When I want a "beach" book (i.e., I mindless reading), I have enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's books (Shopaholic series. The movie was actually okay too)
*books by Mary Higgins Clark are always good when I'm in the mood for a mystery
*Children of the Promise series is good too (another Mormon fiction series). In fact I liked those books so much that I took a class at BYU that was taught by the author. It turned out that the class was actually a lecture series, so he never really taught any lectures, but there were treats after every class so it was okay.
The lack of true "classics" on this list is kind of sad, but I'm okay with that.
I am always taking book recommendations, so load me up!
*********
Up tomorrow: Talents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
funny that you mentioned mary higgins clark, i just got sent one of her books from my grandma as part of my romance collection. :) does that mean she qualifies?
Post a Comment