Okay, some of the other topics have been a bit challenging, but this is downright difficult. The friendliest person I knew for one day?? First of all, I don't have the greatest memory. Secondly... well I just can't think of anyone. So, I'll just list some friendly people I have come across:
The man who switched seats with Garrett on one of our flights last spring. I booked all our tickets together, but for some reason the airline put Abby and me together, and Garrett in the row behind us (in a middle seat). So, there I was sitting in a window seat with Ellie on my lap (and she was being extra squirmy, you know how they are on airplanes!) and Abby next to me, with Garrett alone behind us (trust me, I offered to sit alone instead of Garrett, but I knew that wouldn't work. I knew that wherever I sat, I would have Ellie on my lap, so I figured I would rather sit between Abby and a window rather than two strangers). Anyway, the man who was assigned to sit in the row with us switched seats with Garrett so that he could sit with us. I was so grateful. It was a long flight (3.5 hours) and I needed all the help I could get!
Another nice person was a flight attendant who took pity on me. This was a different trip, but I had Ellie on my lap and Abby next to me, and we were on a plane where each person had their own tv screen. Woo hoo! However, I was disappointed to find out that you could only watch something if you pay $5, which I was not about to do. But what do you know, a flight attendant came over to me and said I was a "preferred" customer and then she swiped her special card on my screen so it would work! Hallelujah, it was great.
Hmm... I'm trying to remember more examples but this is all I'm coming up with right now. But, the older I get the more I notice that the world really is full of nice, genuine people. Sure, there are some bad seeds or whatever, but most people we come across every day are just people, just like us, with a lot of the same desires, fears, and doubts that we have. Most people are nice, even the ones who don't seem nice at the time we meet them... maybe they are just having a bad day. Perhaps I have rose-colored glasses on but I like them and I'm not planning on taking them off any time soon.
**********
Up tomorrow: Free day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment