I don't really know how I feel about this category. I mean, I'm supposed to list all my talents?? Sounds a little like showing off. But, since that's pretty much what blogging is, I guess I'll have to indulge you all. But just know that I don't like it! I don't like to toot my own horn, you know.
Okay, was that convincing enough?
I am decent at playing the piano and organ. During my senior year of high school I was one of the organists in my ward, and it was really nerve-wracking but it was good for me I think. Then I got to BYU and realized that I'm actually not very good at the piano (compared to everyone else), so I didn't play for a really long time. Now I play a lot for fun and started teaching piano lessons. Don't love that too much, but I'm not going to lie, I love the extra money so it's worth it.
One of my roommates used to always compliment me on being tactful. I don't know if many people consider that a talent, but I do.
Along those same lines, my boss at the BYU library used to always tell me how good I was at.... talking about things I know nothing about. (You know........"b.s."). For example, for my second interview at the job, I had to make a Powerpoint presentation about ways to improve student employee training or some other such thing. I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about but I just made something up and presented it as if I was an expert on the topic (I was totally clueless, though). And I got the job! In the two years that I worked there, I was constantly up in front of a lot of people doing various presentations and pitching ideas and I rarely knew what the heck I was doing, but I am good at keeping a straight face and pretending to know what's going on. My boss also used to compliment me on my tact as well and told me I would make a great HR person for those reasons (the tact and b.s. combined). Nice.
(As a side note, I came up with [and implemented] a plan that saved the BYU Library $80,000 a year. And for the record, I DID know what I was talking about for that one. Thanks.)
Other talents include: having no reflexes in my knees (runs in the family), wiggling my ears, watching t.v., making Garrett's favorite cookies, making the bed, playing Tetris, and eating.
And to round out the talent portion, let me list a few things I'm horrible at. Because let's face it, those are always more fun and interesting to read:
I am terrible at:
-jumping
-loading the dishwasher nicely
-drawing pictures, even stick figures
-riding a bike
-hiccuping (this seems strange I know, but Garrett HATES when I hiccup because he says I do it way too loudly. I can't help it! So, I'm including it on the list)
-folding fitted sheets
-most sports (I am good at watching, though)
-driving a stick shift
-doing lunges (exercises)
-making big decisions (like buying a car)
-roller skating
-keeping my face out of the cookie dough
**************
Up tomorrow: Favorite places to shop

2 comments:
You forgot about the beautiful quilts you have made for your family which proves a sewing talent and how nicely you sing! I could add more but I'll let dad do that. I'm sure he can come up with some good ones....
Jumping? Who is terrible at jumping? lol. you forgot your great sarcastic sense of humor...that is a major talent that not many people can pull off with true success.
Post a Comment