Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 39 - Zodiac sign, and does it fit me?




In short, Aries are:

Adventurous and energetic (hmm... I'd rather lie on the beach than build a sandcastle but ok...)
Pioneering and courageous (sounds good...)
Enthusiastic and confident (Check, check)
Dynamic and quick-witted. (Why thank you.)

However, Aries are also:
Selfish and quick-tempered (I can see that)
Impulsive and impatient (Definitely impatient in some situations.  But I'm usually not impulsive.  The opposite, actually!)
Foolhardy and daredevil (I am SO chicken it's not even funny.  I barely even like driving the 4-wheelers at my parents' house!)

Truthfully I didn't know a whole lot about Aries, so I found an article on the trusty old internet and read up all about myself.  Here are the highlights:

You will not find a more defensive and loving parent in all the zodiac.

You can easily be irritated by slowness in others. (Definitely true of me!! I'm working on this one.)

They do not make very good followers because they are too "take charge". (Well come on, things are always better when I am in charge)

Their immense energy makes them aggressive and restless, argumentative occasionally, headstrong, quick tempered, easily offended and capable of holding grudges if they feel themselves affronted. (Well if you know me you know I am definitely NOT easily offended and I generally don't hold grudges... but I certainly can be argumentative and quick tempered).

Aries are intellectual and objective, but can be in rare situations bigoted and extremist in religion and politics. (I don't really consider myself intellectual and I'm certainly not extremist about anything.)

You make good athletes and climbers, doctors, explorers (including adventuring to outer space), soldiers, sailors and airmen, and leaders, though awkward subordinates in industry and politics. (Definitely NOT an athlete... you should have seen me try to play basketball in junior high.  One time I went to a climbing wall, does that count?  And does being MARRIED to a doctor count for the doctor thing?  Also, I don't see myself going to outer space anytime soon, just fyi.)

Aries governs the brain, so you are said to be prone to headaches, particularly migraines, sunstroke, neuralgia, and depression.  Indigestion and nervous disorders are also threats to you, and your rashness, impetuosity, and wholesale physical commitment make you liable to accidents and physical injuries. (Thankfully I rarely get headaches... we're talking maybe once a year.  Maybe.  Never had any physical injuries either, thankfully.  Don't worry, I knocked on wood.)

You like extremes.  Physical, emotional, and mental; but if your extremism goes too far, then expect to be extremely lonely. (Noted)

Choice of color for Aries: RED (eh. I like to wear red sometimes but other than that I don't really like the color.)

Your starstone: Diamond (I'll take it!)

In short: I don't believe in zodiac signs or symbols or whatever you want to call them, but it was fun to read a bit more about Aries and what apparently represents who I am.

Do you believe in zodiac signs?


*******************
Up tomorrow: A deceased person I wish I could talk to

No comments: