I love Target. Maybe it's cliche for a twentysomething mom to love Target, but I do and I probably always will. I like their clothes (sometimes), their home decor, their diapers. If I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life it would have to be Target.
I have also recently come to really love TJ Maxx and HomeGoods. Now that I have a few extra dollars each month to spend on non-essentials, it's really fun to go shopping there and pick out some things for our house. Many people think that TJ Maxx is full of clothes that didn't sell and other stores, and that everything is so last season (not that that matters to many people, including me), but that isn't even the case! Once department stores have bought all the merchandise (from the designers) they want, the designers sell the "extras" to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. Most of the time they are in the discount stores at the exact same time as the department stores. And if something IS "last season", it's marked as such. And they get new shipments every week, so there's ALWAYS an excuse to go. :) Not that I need an excuse (well, I need an excuse to tell Garrett why I'm going. I certainly don't need an excuse to get me there).
Many people ask me where I buy my clothes, and I have to say it's a good mix of TJ Maxx, Target, Gap. I can't remember the last time I actually paid full price for any article of clothing, even at Target. I always go straight to the clearance section at each store and don't usually look through the full-price items at all. Same goes for shoes.
Oh and back to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. Did you know that those stores sell more than just clothes and home furnishings? They have TONS of random stuff - nice head phones, luggage, shoes, even some food (although I'll admit I've never bought food from there.... I feel sketchy just looking at all those dusty jars of tomato sauce and fancy olives. But, I'm sure they're fine.).
And I'll admit, I really, really love shopping at upscale grocery stores. Oh, did I say "shopping"? I meant, wandering the aisles and wishing I could buy stuff. I just love fancy food. Fresh Market, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods.... I love them all. I'm a yuppie like that, I guess. But I will say, while I'm not shelling out extra money for "organic" foods just yet, I am being a lot more picky lately about what I feed myself and my family. Just being more conscious of what we eat (the preservatives, additives, etc). But yes I still feed my kids Goldfish (and I love them, too).
Online, I like to shop at Amazon and etsy.com. I love etsy and I love handmade items, and I love to support artists and the "little people".
Ikea is great, but unfortunately I've never lived close to one. Costco is cool, I wish I had a membership. I also really love bookstores but I never buy anything, I just like to browse and make a library list.
I wish I could find great things at yard sales and thrift stores, but I'm not one of those people that really loves thrift stores so I tend to stay away. Maybe that sounds snobby but I can't leave a thrift store without feeling like I need to take a shower. Yard sales are okay. I don't go to them too often, and when I do I leave my purse in the car. So far, nothing I've seen at a yard sale is worth the energy of walking back to the car to get my purse.
Where do you like to shop?
**************
Up tomorrow: Favorite color (what is this, third grade? I might choose to just have a free day and blog about something else. We'll see.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment