Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 37 - A song I like to dance to

Hmmmmm.....

I really like to dance.  When I was at BYU I took a country dancing class, a tap dance class, and folk dance.  They were all really fun but I think I liked country dancing the best.  We learned a few line dances, but mostly it was couples dancing.  It was kind of awkward because I was married, but it was still really fun.  Garrett was really sad that he couldn't take the class with me* but for some reason he couldn't fit it into his class schedule.  I also would have loved to take ballroom dance or social dance, but never did.

I did try out for the folk dance ensemble at BYU.  Twice.  I mean, I didn't try out for the actual team (that would have been a joke), but the real team actually has 4 "backup" teams where you just rehearse with the real team, and you do some performances here and there.  Anyway, I tried out a couple of times.  Never did make it past the first cut, though. Big surprise.

I loved going to all the church dances when I was in high school and we really had a lot of great people to hang out with there (until I was about 17... then they got a little boring because all the guys were younger than I was and that wasn't very appealing).  I have a lot of great memories of church dances.






*hahahahahahaha yeah right.

************
Up tomorrow: A photo of my parents

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

I am laughing at the asterik with the *hahahahahah...