I think my siblings would also agree that we listened to a lot of Don Williams, Marty Robbins, George Strait (esp. "Baby Blue"!!!), Vince Gill, the Judds, Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young, Sting.
Speaking of music, there was one time (for two years) when all four of us kids shared a tiny bedroom (we had bunk beds, and a mattress on the floor that would rest against the wall during the day). My mom used to play the guitar for us after we went to bed and I loved that.
Also, I remember riding whenever we drove in the big silver van, my dad would have music on the radio. I don't really remember the exact music that we would listen to but I remember that sometimes after the intro music would start, my dad would say the beginning phrase or sentence from the song.... about 3 seconds before it was actually sung. I was always amazed and wondered how my dad knew the words to so many songs.Save as Draft
**************
Up tomorrow: Someone I wish I could meet
Speaking of music, there was one time (for two years) when all four of us kids shared a tiny bedroom (we had bunk beds, and a mattress on the floor that would rest against the wall during the day). My mom used to play the guitar for us after we went to bed and I loved that.
Also, I remember riding whenever we drove in the big silver van, my dad would have music on the radio. I don't really remember the exact music that we would listen to but I remember that sometimes after the intro music would start, my dad would say the beginning phrase or sentence from the song.... about 3 seconds before it was actually sung. I was always amazed and wondered how my dad knew the words to so many songs.Save as Draft
**************
Up tomorrow: Someone I wish I could meet

1 comment:
Good memories - thanks for reminding me.
Post a Comment