Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 17 - A photo that makes you sad


This photo makes me want to cry.  In fact, every time I look at it my eyes fill with tears.  I don't know what's going on with me... I'm not a crier, at all.  But this photo...... man oh man, it gets me every time.  (One reason I'm really sad that this photo is kind of blurry, because if it wasn't I'd probably (definitely) blow it up and frame it.)

I can't stand that this little girl won't be like this forever.  She won't always nap twice a day.  She won't always wake up happy and excited every single day.  She won't always giggle and roll around on the floor.  She won't always go absolutely crazy with joy when Garrett walks in the front door after work.  She won't always just have one word in her vocabulary: "dada".  She won't always reach up for tree branches when we walk under them, making us lift her into the leaves so she can grab them.  She won't always scream until we give her her sippy cup when she goes to bed (well ok, let's hope for that one).  She won't always giggle at my funny faces and give drool-filled kisses.  She won't always play peekaboo in the doorway, or bury her face in my neck when she gets shy.  She won't always have milky, smooth skin and tiny rolls of baby fat on her thighs.  She won't always sit in the under-carriage of the double stroller, her blond hair blowing in the wind as we run. She won't always have deep, belly laughs whenever Abby acts silly with her.

Sad thoughts.  Ellie, please stop growing and just be my 1-year-old forever.


Ellie, August 2010.

****************
Up tomorrow: Share or set a goal

4 comments:

pcubed said...

she is so cute.who took the pic? :)

sos said...

Awwwwww....what a great picture. She is SO cute!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I'm with you when it comes to Preston growing up. I want to keep him the way he is right now.

Glad that you are having so much fun with little Ellie Bean. Give the kids a hug for me. I miss seeing them all the time.

Lauren in GA said...

It makes me so sad that my baby is so grown up, too.

That is a lovely picture. She is a beauty, Hannah.