6:57 - The kids are awake, I can hear them playing in their bedroom. Abby comes into our room, looks at the digital clock, and goes back to her room. She knows not to bother us until it AT LEAST says 7! (many days she waits until it says 8, thankfully).
7:10 - Even though we were up late I know I won't get back to sleep, so I roll out of bed and go into the girls' room. Give them a bath, feed them breakfast. I'm letting Garrett sleep in because he's put in a lot of hours at work this week (including a couple 30+ hour shifts) and never gets to sleep past 6 or so these days... if he goes to bed at all, ha.
8:45 - Ellie goes down for a nap. I actually like when my kids wake up early on Sundays because that means Ellie will get a full nap in before we leave for Church at 10:30. After Ellie goes down I hang out with Abby and do some last minute planning for singing time in Primary. I am teaching them the song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" this month.
9:45 - Garrett is still sleeping (!) so I head to our room to wake him up, but he comes out just as I'm about to open the door. I make him some waffles while he showers and irons his clothes for Church. I decide to double the batch of waffles so the girls can eat them this week for breakfast.
10:45 - We're out the door, 5 minutes behind schedule (Church starts at 11). Usually I am very uptight if we leave late but today I'm feeling okay and I know we'll get there in time. (To me, "on time" is being there at least 5 minutes early... we walk in with about 3 minutes to spare, whew).
11-2 - Church.
2:30 - We're finally home. Naptime.
4:00 - I take some "artisan bread" bread dough out of the fridge to start rising for dinner.
4:45 - Ellie & Abby wake up
5 - Start thinking about dinner. Usually we eat around six, but Garrett suggests going down to the beach to go for a walk so I decide to make some spaghetti now so we can go soon.
6 - We load the stroller and kids in the car and we're off to the beach for a stroll.
6:20 - Turns out Sunday night must be a big night here at the beach... there are tons of people everywhere, a live concert going on, concessions, etc. It takes a while to find a parking space but when we do, it's near the edge of the crowd so when we get to the water, we walk in the opposite direction of where the crowds are.
8 - Home, get the kids in bed, turn on the oven so I can bake the bread dough that's been sitting out all afternoon.
8:15 - Haircut for Garrett
8:30 - Bread's in the oven, we settle in to watch some Netflix.
10/10:30 - Bed. (I'm just going to post this now instead of actually waiting until later... I assume we'll hit the hay around then, though, since Garrett's got to work early tomorrow)
Today was a great day - so relaxing and it was nice for Garrett to actually have a day off for once, and I didn't have to wrestle the kids by myself at Church! Here's to a great week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love posts like this.
I am learning to make Artisan Bread on Super Saturday this month. I am going to think of you when I eat it, since you said it is your favorite.
Post a Comment