Garrett and I have a goal that someday, we will attend all 4 of the tennis Grand Slams.
This is a big deal because Garrett really doesn't like to travel much, especially to places he's never been. Sure, he loves going on the yearly dirtbike trips in southern Utah (when he can make it), and he likes to visit family, but Garrett's not really into seeing new places and learning about history. Especially in Europe. Every time I mention traveling to Europe, Garrett gets a disgusted look on his face. Don't know why.
So, I was rather surprised when Garrett mentioned that it's one of his goals to attend all four Grand Slams, seeing as how two of them are in Europe (Wimbledon and the French Open). I told him that since each tournament lasts about a week (at least), he'd be spending a good chunk of time in each country, which he's okay with. I'll admit, I didn't know much about tennis before Garrett and I got married, but I love sports and I quickly caught on to the rules as we have watched various tournaments on tv throughout the last couple of years. I'm really excited about this goal we have, not only for the tennis but for the fun travel experiences it will provide for us.
4 Grand Slams:
Wimbledon (England)
French Open (France)
U.S. Open (NYC)
Australian Open (Sydney)
*****************
Up tomorrow: Free day.....
4 Grand Slams:
Wimbledon (England)
French Open (France)
U.S. Open (NYC)
Australian Open (Sydney)
*****************
Up tomorrow: Free day.....

No comments:
Post a Comment