Garrett and I went out to dinner tonight (sushi!!) for our anniversary, and I knew I still had to come home and write this blog post so I decided to ask him who he would like to meet as well. And, you may not know this about Garrett, but he is funny when it comes to questions like this. He hates questions like this. He hates "favorites" questions ("superlatives", he calls them), and this includes questions like "who would you want to meet...", "if you could eat one food....", etc. I begged him to just think about it, though, because really I think the reason he doesn't like those questions is because he doesn't want to think that hard. He thinks a lot at work, about important things (like, ahem, how to save someone's life), so when he gets home I think he just doesn't want to think much.
Anyway.
Garrett said that he would like to meet Amelia Earhart, to ask her what happened to her. And even though I don't think she falls into this category (there is another blog post for "person I would want to meet who is dead", but that's ok. I'm just glad he thought of someone and it wasn't a joke). But his answer sparked another discussion we had, which was about what "secret" we would want to know the answer to. You know, like why does cheese have so many caloriens and why do babies ALWAYS go for the one non-toy item on the floor amidst a sea of toys specifically for them?? Oh, never mind, not those secrets. Secrets like, who really shot JFK (and what exactly happened), does the government (besides Fox Moulder) know the truth about aliens, why was Michael Jackson so weird, and did we really land on the moon? Among others. It was an interesting discussion. And the sushi was amazing, by the way.
But back to the question at hand. Someone I wish I could meet. I've been thinking about this one for several days, and I finally came to a decision (I know, as if this was a life or death question here!).
It may sound cliche, or the "easy" answer, but honestly, if I could have an hour (or two!) to sit down and chat with anyone in the entire world, it would be the prophet, Thomas S. Monson. For those of you not familiar with who this is, I'll explain. Something unique about our Church is that we have a living prophet who guides us, under the direction of Jesus Christ, just like the Church did in Biblical times. This makes a lot of sense to me... I mean, if God spoke to prophets in olden times, He would also do it now because he is the same God. Our prophet today is President Monson. I would love to have some time to speak with him, to learn from him personally, to feel of his spirit, and to just be in his presence. He's a man who speaks with God directly. I think that time with him would be life-changing. I have been in the presence of prophets before (in huge auditoriums) and it's amazing. I would love a more personal experience, though - the opportunity to speak with him and have him give me personal advice and encouragement.
Who would YOU want to meet?
***********
Up tomorrow: 5 celebrity crushes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment