So, I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear about some of my favorite blogs.
Well.
Here's the thing: I love reading blogs. Love it. I live getting a peek into other peoples' lives. I can be a stalker without them knowing about it. I mean, Facebook is good for that too, but blogs are even better.
I get a lot of inspiration from blogs. Inspiration for decorating, healthy eating, exercising, quilting, and just life. I used to read blogs A LOT... when I first discovered them I thought they were awesome. I mean, I could read about other peoples' lives everywhere in the world! That's a pretty cool thing. But it was just taking too much time and effort to keep up with all of them so I stopped. I have a rule now that I only read blogs after the kids have gone to bed and my house is clean. Haha, ok, my house isn't always clean, but you get it. Plus, I use Google Reader now so I don't get caught up in OTHER blogs that I randomly find.
But, I've gotten rid of many of the blogs I originally kept up with. There were some healthy living / healthy eating blogs that I really loved for a while, but after a few months I got tired of them so I deleted them off my blogroll. They were all obsessed with oatmeal and ate a lot of tofu (I did pick up the oatmeal habit but have yet to fix tofu). Anyway, I was getting tired of them because I just couldn't relate to the girls who wrote them. They don't have kids. And of course having kids isn't a prerequisite to an interesting "healthy living" blog, but I have a feeling that if one of those authors had kids, their advice would be much different (and more applicable to me). A healthy living blog written by a mom who is losing the baby weight, scheduling her workouts around a baby and no sleep, and a husband who is never home? Now there's a blog I'd be interested in reading.
I do like design blogs, and now that I actually have a little bit of expendable income (woohoo!), it's actually fun to read them because I can actually go out and buy a few things here and there to spruce up our home. I am determined to have a nicely decorated home, but I'm so indecisive and clueless that I know I can't do it alone. Garrett has talking about someday hiring a designer (!!) and I'm totally on board with that. Only, you know, 10 years down the road... Meanwhile I can't take the wrapping off our new living room lamps because I can't decide if I love them or not. I need a lot of emotional support when it comes to making big commitments like living room lamps. Clearly.
And then there's the blogs of our family and friends... I love these the best. I love knowing what everyone is up to, where they are traveling to, what they are reading, etc. I love it! For a while I had many family/friend blogs that I kept up with, even people I didn't know very well, but again it was just too much so I scaled back a lot. If it made me depressed, I got rid of it. I think it's safe to say that if I was ever close to you, I do read your blog (if you have one, and if I know about it!).
So there you go. I know you were all expecting a list of links to my favorite blogs, but to be honest I really don't think you all are that interested. So instead, you got an uninteresting mumbo jumbo post about my feelings about blogs. Hmmm.... this 50 day thing is starting to get old. I have no idea what I'm going to write in tomorrow's post. It'll probably be another letdown like this one has been.
************
Up tomorrow (supposedly): Someone who has caused me pain.
Hmmmmm..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have to say, blogging made me understand you as a person way more than when you were a student in my Sunday school class. You are a swell adult.
Post a Comment