Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 23 - Share a favorite tune

One thing I hate about doing these things (like listing favorites) is that I can never think of my favorites when I write these posts, but I always think of lots of things to say after I've published the post.  Oh well.  That being said, it's hard for me to think of anything specific right now.

I do like listening to Pandora.com.  You input a song you like (or an artist you like) and Pandora will play songs for you based on what you liked.  One station I really like lately is the one I created based on the song "Chasing Pavements" by Adele.  Most of the songs they play are great, and I only have to skip a few of them.  I also like a station based on "Tim McGraw".  It plays some great music too.  They're great stations for just playing in the house during the day.  The girls love music and it really enhances the mood of our house when we have music on.

I am loving the song "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, and I would LOVE to get it on my running playlist.  Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and pay $.99 on iTunes. :)  Garrett thinks it's way overplayed on the radio but I think it's perfect to run to.

Speaking of my playlist for running...... I have the typical workout songs - Beyonce, Cake, Jay-Z, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Usher, etc. (maybe these aren't "typical"?  I don't know, actually).  But I think some people would be surprised by a few of the other songs like to listen to while I'm running, ones that aren't very fast - "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins, "Please Remember Me" by Tim McGraw, "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" by Darius Rucker, or some Eagles songs.  These songs mean a lot to me and get my adrenaline going as much as any other workout song does.  I like to have a good mix of music for working out.

I love music, all kinds of music.  I love how it can bring a "mood" to our home, and how it can get me in different moods (depending on how I want to feel, what I want to think about, etc.).  It can be so nostalgic, or happy, or whatever.  I love it.  And I love that my girls love it too.  I hope that someday they will hear these songs again (the ones we like to listen to) and remember all the happy times we've had.

And also in the "nostalgia" category..... first tape I ever owned? Beach Boys.  Don't remember which one but I remember buying it when we lived in Pittsburgh (I was 7 or 8).  First CD I ever owned? Mariah Carey, Fantasy.  Good times.

What was the first tape you ever owned?  First CD?

***********
Up tomorrow: Face morph.  Don't worry, it's as lame as it sounds.

3 comments:

Haley said...

My first cd was also Mariah Carey! But it was the "Music Box" one.

pcubed said...

My first was Celine Dion...can't remember the title any more... :)

Ashley said...

First tapes I ever owned were ones I made by recording songs off the radio. I had no idea what I was listening to. I blush to remember. Like how I know all the words to "Oh What a Night," because in middle school, I thought it was catchy. My first CD was likely LeAnn Rimes, "You Light Up My Life." Thanks, Mom. Definitely more wholesome than "Oh What a Night." Ouch.